2 weeks to London

Wow. I haven't blogged since the start of February! My running since then has been eventful. I've been to Running School for a start. It's a 6 week programme where they teach you how to run correctly. I know what you're thinking....how can you be running the London Marathon & not already know how to run correctly. They've taught me how to run biomechanically correctly.

It's been a really hard 6 week course. Paul, the teacher, was great. Very knowledgeable & pushed me in some very hard sessions. I want to hate him for the pain I went through - but he's one of life's "nice blokes".

The point of the running school was due to the fact that pain in my right knee was getting crazy in Feb. Attending Running School has meant that I've not been able to stick to my training plan but I'm hoping that it'll be worth it in 2 weeks time.

Without a doubt the journey to London has been challenging - way more than I had anticipated. Work has been very hard in recent weeks running 2 stores. The wife getting shingles & having 5 weeks off work has made home life a little harder. But I have to say that without Mel on this journey there is no way I would have been able to train. She's been a massive support - not to mention all the fund raising she's done on my behalf.

Due to twisting my ankle on Wednesday even my planned taper is not going to plan. I do feel massively under prepared for London. So, instead of getting my knickers in a twist, I've simply adjusted my planned time. I'm determined not to be too focused on timing - I want to enjoy London!

Comments

  1. Keep your mind in the right place, it will all come together. Cheers, Mat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Runny Running

Old Duffer?

London Marathon - here I come!