Old Duffer?

13 miler done & dusted.

It occurred to me last night as I was getting ready to hit the sack that I must have turned into an old man at some point! All my clothes were tucked in to keep me warm (except my jeans weren't tucked into my socks - but now I've thought of it I'll be trying that too!) The wife had surprised me with a visit to the cinema to see Anchorman 2 (comedy gold) & I'd inadvertently tucked everything in to keep warm whilst out & about late at night. When did I care about such things? Not only that, but when I observed some scantily clad young ladies, instead of thinking "cor blimey, they look attractive" I was thinking "cor blimey, I'd better give them my coat to keep warm" It's a sad day...

Anyway, run was good today. Towards the end I saw a mum & her 2 kids out for a run which was really nice to see. The daughter must have been about 10 & had the right kind of running gear on, as did the mum. The son, who must have been about 7, was running in jeans & jumper! He was not only keeping pace with his mum & sibling but was doing star jumps & punching the air or jumping up to touch a branch. It occurred to me then that kids just run - they don't think about pace or feeling tired or any of the things grown ups do. They run cause they love to run. I'm resolved to be more like that from now on (except I won't be doing star jumps etc, just try to emanate the love for running whilst I'm actually running - not love it when I'm at home!)

Comments

  1. If you've got an ass like the North Star, wise men are going to want to follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, you haven't seen Anchorman 2 then 'Dogs life' ... still trying to work out who you are, got to be a Booth!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the father n law. He's too polite to be the brother in law

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the father n law. He's too polite to be the brother in law

    ReplyDelete
  5. No and no. I haven't seen Anchorman and no not a Booth. Sorry wrong on both counts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Runny Running

London Marathon - here I come!